The Care Coordinator is responsible for the effective management and supervision of care workers and supporting the Branch Manager to ensure the branch is providing an excellent provision of service to our customers, clients and colleagues on a daily basis. Ensuring compliance with national minimum standards and using effective rostering to fully utilise staff hours and drive employee engagement.
- Salary£26,000 + On call supplement
About the role
• Allocation of care workers to customer visits by using effective rostering, ensuring continuity of care and taking into account locations, skills required and customer preferences.
• Organise care worker rotas to minimise changes to the service and travel between customers homes
• Take responsibility for new referrals from private customers and social services teams, ensuring full information is received and appropriate care planning is undertaken.
• Assist Branch Manager with identification of further business opportunities outside of current client base.
• Matching care workers to customers, ensuring care workers are notified of all conditions relating to the assignment, including care worker’s rate of pay.
• Support with the on-call out of hours service on a rotational basis as agreed with your manager.
• Be able to deliver care as part of the emergency on call team, should the situation occur
• Full driving licence and use of vehicle essential
You must demonstrate commitment to working within a team, have a flexible approach to working hours and experience within the Care industry. This role will involve an element of on-call duties, therefore a driver with access to your own vehicle is essential.Please submit your application by following the link below:
- Qualifications & Experience
• You must possess a minimum of NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent