As a Field Care Supervisor you will be responsible for the ongoing field supervision of domiciliary care workers and will ensure that service user requirements are met whilst maintaining compliance of care standards in accordance with Local Authority policies and procedures.
You will be required to provide day-to-day support to the Operational Network, assisting with the assessment, set up and review of health and social care packages, and you will be required to ensure that a skilled workforce is in place and they are able to deliver safe quality care to all clients.
- Hours30hrs + Care Hours + On Call Supplement
About the role
As the Field Care Supervisor your responsibilities will include:
Ensuring that the client receives the appropriate care package and that continuity of care is a priority.
• Providing telephone support to clients and care staff and where necessary, to work as a “hands on” carer in setting up the packages in the initial few weeks.
• To assist the Branch Manager in auditing the standard of service delivery to clients.
• Assist the Branch with Care Workers interviews & compliance
• Assist with Risk Management training to all existing Care Workers
• Complete the Risk Assessments and care plans of all domiciliary packages • Support with the on-call out of hours service on a rotational basis as agreed with your manager.
• Be prepared to be deployed as a Care Worker
• Full driving licence and use of vehicle essential
- Qualifications & Experience
• You must possess a minimum of NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent
• You must demonstrate commitment to working within a team and have a flexible approach to working hours and practices.
• This role will involve an element of on-call and care duties.